School Meals cost £2.30 per day, £11.50 per week. All meals are cooked off-site and brought in on a daily basis. If you wish to order school meals for your child, please send the money on a Monday morning in a sealed envelope, marked with your child’s name, the amount enclosed and the days on which meals are required. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Corvus Education Trust.’ Parents in receipt of Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance may be entitled to claim for free school meals.
Parents of children in Reception are asked to complete a dinner order form each week;
Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2
Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are offered universal free school meals. This is regardless of your household income.
You do not have to apply for universal free school meals. However, you can apply for your school to get extra funding from the government, if you receive one of the benefits list below. This extra funding is called Pupil Premium:
- Universal Credit – with an annual earned income of no more than £7,400 after tax
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
Children in Year 3 and above
Children in Year 3 and above only receive free school meals if you get one of the benefits listed above. You must apply for these free school meals.
How to apply
You can apply for free school meals online using your Norfolk Education Online (NEO) account. – click here to access http://www.norfolk.gov.uk/neo
You can use the same account for 2-year-old childcare funding and school admissions.
If you have applied for school admissions online before, you may already have an account.